Changes from Cloudside Inn
Yes: this property was once called the Cloudside Inn. After twenty-three years as a Bed & Breakfast and after ten years under the management of the Drysdale family, Cloudside Inn closed on October 11th, 2016 for extensive renovations, re-opening on December 21st as a small boutique hotel. It is still run by the same owners that took the Cloudside to the top of the Nelson accommodation rankings.
Here is what this means for our guests:
• the entire property is now entirely a hotel (no part is a private residence). There is 24 hour staff cover with an on-site management suite;
• there are three regular rooms, one superior room, two suites, and two apartments with two bedrooms each;
• all rooms have been upgraded to have full satellite/cable TV, tea and coffee facilities (incl. fridge) and high speed wireless internet;
• all rooms have private attached/en suite bathrooms with the exception of one room (Cedar), whose private bathroom will be off the hallway;
• check-in hours now starts at 3pm or earlier by arrangement;
• check-out time is extended to 11am;
• four rooms have private entrances;
• there is a permanent reception desk with staff on-site 24 hours.
Breakfast is not offered, although of all the places in British Columbia it couldn’t be easier to find a nearby place to eat – Nelson is exceedingly blessed in that respect.
We are deeply grateful to those many, many customers who have kept returning over the years and who have enabled us to make our home in this remarkable little mountain town. We will strive to keep the hotel the #1 rated place to stay in Nelson, and look forward to welcoming you to our new, upgraded hotel.