Changes from Cloudside Inn
Yes: this property was once called the Cloudside Inn. After twenty-three years as a Bed & Breakfast and after ten years under the management of the Drysdale family, Cloudside Inn closed on October 11th, 2016 for extensive renovations, re-opening on November 21st as a small boutique hotel.
Here is what this means for our guests:
• the entire property will be taken up by guest rooms (with an on-site management suite);
• there will be one standard room, three deluxe rooms, two premium suites and two apartments with two bedrooms each;
• all rooms will be upgraded to have full satellite/cable TV, tea and coffee facilities (inc. fridge) and high speed wireless internet;
• all rooms will have an en suite bathroom (for the apartments, a bathroom inside the unit) with the exception of one room, whose private bathroom will be off the hallway;
• check-in hours will now start at 3pm or earlier by arrangement;
• check-out time will be extended to 11am;
• four rooms will have private entrances;
• prices will go down for the existing rooms as breakfast will no longer be included;
• there will be a permanent reception desk with staff on-site 24 hours.
410 Victoria Street will no longer be a family home, although it will still be owned and managed by the Drysdale family. Breakfast will not be offered, although of all the places in British Columbia it couldn’t be easier to find a nearby place to eat – Nelson is exceedingly blessed in that respect.
We are deeply grateful to those many, many customers who have kept returning over the years and who have enabled us to make our home in this remarkable little mountain town. We will strive to keep the hotel the #1 rated place to stay in Nelson, and look forward to welcoming you to our new, upgraded hotel.